- 17 Dec 2014 16:01 Used values & diesel share to remain stable, reports EurotaxGlass’s
- 17 Dec 2014 15:54 Enterprise comments on plans for National and Alamo brands
- 17 Dec 2014 14:39 Government tax schemes have considerable impact on EV uptake, finds new research
- 17 Dec 2014 14:25 Belgian NGOs call on government to end favourable treatment of company cars
- 17 Dec 2014 14:11 Clean Fleets targets European public sector fleets with new guide and Life-Cycle Cost tool
BMW Group record best-ever October sales figures including key markets
In Germany the company reported a 4.9% increase (24,364 / prev. yr. 23,220) in vehicle registrations. BMW reported a 2.0% increase in registrations to 20,977 vehicles (prev. yr. 20,557) and MINI experienced vigorous growth of 27.2% with 3,387 vehicles registered (prev. yr. 2,663). A total of 244,418 (prev. yr. 218,160/+12%) BMW Group vehicles have been registered year-to-date and the company continues to lead the German premium market.
The U.S. reported robust growth, where the company sold 27,288 vehicles, which was 17.5% more than the 23,222 deliveries in October 2010. A total of 246,602 (prev. yr. 215,274/+14.6%) BMW and MINI vehicles were delivered to customers in the United States in the year to the end of October.
BMW Group sales in China remained high in the month under review - 18,346 (prev. yr. 13,738/+33.5%) vehicles were delivered. From January to October a total of 195,868 vehicles were delivered, an increase of 44.5% compared with the same period last year (prev. yr. 135,564). Strong growth was also recorded in the dynamic markets of Russia (2,925 vehicles/+55.5%), India (890 vehicles/+18.2%) and Turkey (1,657/+18.2%).
Ian Robertson, member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, responsible for Sales and Marketing, said: ‘Our vehicles continue to be in strong demand worldwide and once again we achieved record sales for the month of October. The BMW Group is well on its way to reaching its target of more than 1.6 million units and achieving an all-time high for sales in 2011. The new BMW 1 Series has had a successful start and we have had an excellent customer response to the new BMW 3 Series sedan, which will be launched worldwide on 11th February 2012. We are very confident that this new model will continue the success story of the BMW 3 Series.’