- 21 May 2013 08:00 BMW 520d Gran Turismo M Sport
- 20 May 2013 14:42 500,000 & growing - Alphabet's view on fleet development
- 20 May 2013 14:20 New lease accounting proposals may hinder much-needed EU economic growth
- 20 May 2013 14:07 Business Lease announces new board members
- 20 May 2013 10:01 Sales up at VW, Peugeot, Renault & Audi despite continued European downturn, says JATO
Enterprise Rent-A-Car launches mobile booking sites for European operations
This follows a 155% increase in mobile site viewings and a massive 238% increase in reservations made through Enterprise via mobiles from 2010 to 2011.
Visitors who use mobile internet devices to accesswww.enterprise.co.uk, www.enterprise.ie orwww.enterprise.de will now be automatically redirected to a new, mobile-optimised site in the local language. From there they can book a rental, find their nearest branch, view or modify an existing booking or see the latest specials on offer.
Ben Lawson, assistant vice president of rental at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, commented: 'Mobile is the biggest growth area in online activity and the number of customers viewing our site or booking a car or van on their smartphone has skyrocketed in recent months.
'In part we believe this reflects a general shift from online to mobile transactions as more people move to smartphones. We believe our regional focus as the most ‘local’ rental car company in our markets is also driving this growth. Our network puts a branch only 10 miles away from over 90 percent of the UK population, which means if someone needs to rent a car when they’re on the go and booking on a mobile, we won’t be far away.
'Our intention is to provide the same great service whether you book on a mobile, through a desktop, by phone or in a branch. After all, customers want the flexibility to choose the channel that works best for them.'