- 29 Jan 2015 15:54 Forthcoming VW Golf GTD Estate to offer 4.4l/100km
- 29 Jan 2015 08:06 French fleet deploys hydrogen range extended vans
- 28 Jan 2015 15:33 Common rules to enable smarter road tolls in Europe
- 28 Jan 2015 14:47 Texas-based Capital City Limousine signs up to Pantonium fleet management software
- 28 Jan 2015 14:31 Double-digit growth for European True Fleet Market for LCVs
Volvo starts 2012 with a bang, continuing on from last year's success
The 6th March saw Volvo unveil its all-new V40 at the Geneva Motor Show, a five-door, five-seat hatchback that is set to enter the competitive premium five-door segment in July. The V40 aims to take on the BMW 1-Series and Audi A3 with a mix of Scandinavian design, enhanced safety features and the driving dynamics never seen before in a Volvo.
The all-new V40 also sees the introduction of the world's first pedestrian air-bag amongst the many new safety and technology features This is the first car to be designed with Volvo's our new human-centric approach, "Designed Around You" ensuring that the customer and driver are at the forefront of every designer and engineer's mind when producing the car.
2012 also sees the launch of the world's first diesel plug-in hybrid - the Volvo V60 D6, due to start production in October. With emissions of just 49 g/km of CO2 (NEDC combined, Hybrid mode) and fuel consumption of over 100 miles per gallon (combined cycle), it is sure to cause huge interest amongst those who have environmental standards high in their purchasing lists.
Not only will the V60 D6 give the driver the option of how he or she wants to be powered (electric or combustion engine), it will also give the ability to engage both power option at the same time to offer a maximum output of 215+70 hp with all-wheel drive capability. With only 125 cars available to UK buyers in the first model year, high demand is expected of those cars.