- 27 Jul 2015 13:32 US regulators hit Fiat Chrysler with record fine
- 27 Jul 2015 09:59 European police catch over 16k drink drivers in week-long campaign
- 27 Jul 2015 09:35 International Diesel Service opens 30 new fuelling stations across Europe
- 27 Jul 2015 08:18 All carmakers have duty to protect drivers from security threats, says specialist
- 24 Jul 2015 12:13 Strong June performance pushes European True Fleet Market to excellent first half-year
Athlon Car Lease and SnappCar pair up to promote car sharing
The deal will enable Athlon Car Lease customers to let drivers rent out their leased vehicles to private individuals via SnappCar.
The two companies are also developing a method that will meet the demand among Athlon Car Lease's clients for better, more effective use of their vehicle fleet by enabling the deployment of leased vehicles for other employees as well.
The agreement currently only covers the Netherlands, but the idea is to also expand it to the other countries that Athlon is present in in the future.
Victor van Tol, SnappCar's CEO, said: ‘We are seeing that people increasingly want to make smarter use of their possessions. And that includes their car. We let you earn money from your car in a reliable and simple manner, at times when it would otherwise be sitting in the garage.’
Both firms stated that the deal sits perfectly with their shared belief that vehicle usage is becoming more important than vehicle ownership. Car sharing among private individuals is already extremely popular in the US, Australia and the UK.
Hans Blink, CEO of Athlon Car Lease International, commented: ‘As a mobility provider, our field of interest is not restricted to leased vehicles – we look at the overall mobility of our clients, their lease vehicle drivers and other employees. We also fulfill our responsibility with regards to sustainability. Car sharing fits well into our sustainable mobility plan we developed in which we offer affordable, more efficient mobility alternatives. The partnership with SnappCar is thus perfectly in line with our vision.’